Robert Bloom, Ph.D.,is a Principal Consultant in PMA-HR, and oversees and directs professional activities at the firm. Robert is a graduate of The University of Georgia, where he received both his M.S. and Ph.D. degrees. He received additional Post-Doctoral training in Industrial/Organizational Psychology at The University of Memphis.
Robert has more than 25 years of experience in pre-employment selection assessment, assessments for development and promotion, succession planning, job analysis, competency modelling, test development and validation, performance evaluation and EEO compliance. Specifically, Robert has:
- developed competency models and pre-employment selection assessment Call Center strategies from entry level to top executive positions;
- reviewed and evaluated pre-employment selection assessment systems for validity, effectiveness, practicality and legal defensibility;
- conducted job analyses using multiple techniques, including review of existing job descriptions, job observations, interviews, focus groups and questionnaires.
- developed selection systems for Call Center, unskilled, clerical, supervisory, managerial, technical, sales, marketing, professional, and executive positions;
- conducted face-to-face feedback and training sessions with organizational staff on individual assessment and workshops/seminars to support development; and
- conducted Human Resource research on relevant organizational concerns to provide evidenced-based support for Human Resource solution and initiatives.
Robert is a member of the American Psychological Association (APA), The Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP), and The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). Robert is a Licensed Psychologist in Tennessee since 1975.